Subject: ncr and sbc
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/14/1997 11:15:14
Good morning!
(even if it's not morning when you read this, it's still more cheerful)

I'd like to thank the people who helped me out and answered my questions
when I was confused about getting my system to current. I got it all to
compile (compilation lasted 60 hours without errors).

I also got ppp working on the first shot. I just copied my little script
to start ppp on Linux and changed /dev/ttyS1 to /dev/tty00 and put the
domain and routers in /etc/resolv.conf. Since some people seem to be
having problem with ppp, I include here the script I used:

#!/usr/local/bin/bash
/usr/sbin/pppd connect '/usr/sbin/chat -v "" ATZ OK ATDT*70,3988211
Username: bmarte Password: my_password_here ">" ppp' /dev/ttyS1 19200
modem crtscts lock defaultroute mru 1500 netmask 255.255.255.0

That's all. Of course it's safer to not put your password right in...
Hopefully this should also work if you use another shell than bash.

Thanks again for the support,

"Because user errors often produce unpredictable results, the user
should try to avoid them."

IBM MVS/XA System Programming Library.