Subject: Re: hfsutils
To: Adrian Fowler <adrian@dcs.qmw.ac.uk>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/14/1997 11:15:38
On Fri, 14 Mar 1997, Adrian Fowler wrote:

.. I was wondering if anyone has managed to get hfsutils (not hfs) working on
.. their systems.

.. Following the procedure described in the man page is next to useless as it
.. just talks about sd0, not sd0x, and trying with any of the sd0x reports
.. that the operation xxx is not supported by this device.
..
.. The Mac partitions are on the same disk as NetBSD, ie
.. netbsd is on sd0a/b/g  and that Mac stuff is hidden in one or more fo the
.. others I'd guess.
..
.. So how exactly would you mount one of the partitions from the command line
.. utils?

Run "disklabel sd0" and look at the output. On one of my systems, the HFS
partition is clearly labeled as such (I see it at sd0e). Then hmount
/dev/sd0e (or whatever for your disk; also check the syntax).

- Erik Bertelsen