Subject: Re: HEY!!! Q700 with internal video in 832x624 !
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/14/1997 02:23:51
>It would probably be possible.  I think that dt-like functionality once
>existed in the kernel under MacBSD (like pre-0.9 or so), so I suppose it
>would be possible to move it into an lkm (just don't ask me to do it ;-)

Yes. And it was moved out of the kernel into dt, as I recall, because they
didn't want all that stuff in the kernel. :)

The console really does some minor fixes as it stands. Perhaps it would be
best to fix the current console code and then port pcvt from the ix86 port
of NetBSD with a kernel compilation flag so that you can compile a kernel
with either the baseline console or the fancy pcvt stuff.

Actually, there are a number of improvements that should be added to the
console and/or dt such as loadable character sets and keyboard maps.
Never mind ANSI color and other fancy stuff like that.

I would love to do these changes but writing the intvid color driver has
taken up so much of my time that if I'm not careful I'll soon be up to my
eyeballs in grad-school work :)

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill