Subject: Re: SE/30 grf mmap() fix
To: None <denny1@home.com>
From: Masami and Ken Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/14/1997 14:33:12
On Thu, 13 Mar 1997 20:53:34 +0000,
Denny Gentry <denny1@home.com> wrote:
> It was rumored several days ago on this list that GENERIC-26
> might allow the SE/30 to use mmap grf feature in dt and
> X, rather than USE_OLD_GRF. I tried it, and mmap still fails.

Oops, I was the source of the rumor, I think.  I thought it would have
been fixed by now because I sent Scott Reynolds the output of Slots on
the SE/30 internal video declaration ROM.

>   I have developed a fix for the SE/30, but I'm not sure
> if it will break other machines.

Great!

> in grf.c:
> 374c374
> < 	*addrp += (unsigned long) gp->sc_grfmode->fboff & 0xfff;
> ---
> > 	*addrp += (unsigned long) gp->sc_grfmode->fboff;

But I'm not sure of this one.  I vaguely remember this is necessary on
some (old, I think) models (probably those with 32-bit dirty ROM).

Cheers,

Ken