Subject: Re: HEY!!! Q700 with internal video in 832x624 !
To: Masami and Ken Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
From: Christoph Ewering <eweri@uni-paderborn.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/14/1997 01:17:31
> > If NetBSD starts with the bigger resolution, a few lines on the bottom
> > of the screen are left with the desktop pattern of the MacOS desktop.
> > They will be overwritten when I start X.
> > I think this has something to do with VRAM that is not initalized
> > during the boot process. So the memory size for the video is bigger
> > than the memory that is allocated for video by NetBSD, right ?
>
> I'd guess that's because the console driver doesn't bother to
> initialize the few scan lines at the bottom which it could not use to
> display characters?  I agree with you that it could be *cosmetically*
> more pleasing if it cleared them out, I don't believe it has any
> effect *functionally* what so ever.

Yes, thats right, the last lines are not used to display any
characters. If that is all, i could life with it. :-)
I thought it could be a more logically error in code for the display,
so I thought it is a good idea to tell to the ones that build the
kernel.

Thanks,
	Christoph

Christoph Ewering         eweri@uni-paderborn.de
Husarenstrasse 48         Fon: 05254 12555
33104 Paderborn           www.uni-paderborn.de/Admin/eweri/