Subject: Re: HEY!!! Q700 with internal video in 832x624 !
To: None <eweri@uni-paderborn.de>
From: Masami and Ken Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/14/1997 08:25:32
On Thu, 13 Mar 1997 09:19:28 +0100 (MET),
Christoph Ewering <eweri@uni-paderborn.de> wrote:
> I now can use X with the greater resolution of my monitor.!!

Congrats!

> But one bug is still left:
> If NetBSD starts with the bigger resolution, a few lines on the bottom
> of the screen are left with the desktop pattern of the MacOS desktop.
> They will be overwritten when I start X.
> I think this has something to do with VRAM that is not initalized
> during the boot process. So the memory size for the video is bigger
> than the memory that is allocated for video by NetBSD, right ?

I'd guess that's because the console driver doesn't bother to
initialize the few scan lines at the bottom which it could not use to
display characters?  I agree with you that it could be *cosmetically*
more pleasing if it cleared them out, I don't believe it has any
effect *functionally* what so ever.

Cheers,

Ken