Subject: Re: ppp not static ip
To: era eriksson <reriksso@cc.helsinki.fi>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/13/1997 21:15:06
> Two problems:
>   (1) you can't find them other than by looking for pointers in old
> messages to this list because [last time I looked] they were hidden in
> beneath the "private" directory, as I recall under priv/pgoyette
> (dial-on-demand, doesn't work with dynamic, as Paul and Bill already
> pointed out) and priv/wrstuden; and

I believe that both of these locations are pointed out in the FAQ, check
the section on Communications.

>   (2) the script supplied with the pack does a kill -KILL of the pppd
> process which should be changed to kill -TERM or kill -HUP for it to
> work for more than one PPP session (the kill -KILL prevents pppd from
> cleaning up after it, so your setup is left with the old IP address,
> old routing information etc still hanging around). This was pointed
> out on the list some time ago so it could be fixed now, but I'd still
> check.
> <lurk>

Perhaps Bill or Paul would be willing to fix these ;-)

> /* era */
>
> I can't connect to ftp.macbsd.com right now so I can't check the
> locations but I found them myself in some old message from November or
> December. Check with the list archive, mail me in private, or hope
> that somebody posts URL:s to this list. If somebody is willing to do a
> bit of hand-holding, I can volunteer to write up a simple web page
> with the URL:s and a modified README from one of the packages.
>
> .obMystery: How do other people find out locations for all these funny
> packages? By being on yet more overcrowded mailing lists?

This is about the only mailing list you'd see it on, but most of this
stuff is listed in the FAQ or Meta-FAQ:

http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/

I hope this helps.

Later.