Subject: Re: HEY!!! Q700 with internal video in 832x624 !
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/13/1997 18:41:20
On Thu, 13 Mar 1997, Stephen Brown wrote:
> The madhatter #37 kernel has the changes that Dave Huang had
> forwarded.  These are the same changes that I tried in
> madhatter #36, but I think there were other things in my
> source tree that caused problems with that kernel.  So, it
> looks like Dave's changes for the page offset, etc. make
> it work.  Thanks again to Dave......

Cool, glad to hear that stuff works for machines other than the AVs :)

> > dt: gets a little confused about the big screen ;-) but it works, too!
> > some characters are shown on the right of the screen than on the left
> > side.

Yeah, I've noticed that too... in vt.h, VT_MAXCOLS is set to 132, but in
1024x768 mode, I get 170 columns. I bet 832x624 mode exceeds the 132
column limit too... increasing VT_MAXCOLS to 200 and recompiling dt fixed
it for me :)

Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++