Subject: HEY!!! Q700 with internal video in 832x624 !
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Ewering <eweri@uni-paderborn.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/13/1997 09:19:28
Hello everybody!

Yesterday i found that there is a new madhatter kernel (#37).
I loaded it down and tested it.
And..... it works!!!!
I now can use X with the greater resolution of my monitor.!!

The details:
Q700 20MB RAM, 2MB VRAM
Monitor set to B/W and 832x624 (internal video or onboard video!)

X: starts without any problems. After quiting the fvwm the screen
is left with white on black, but it starts with black on white.
And i had the first time the error with the capslock, but there is
something in the FAQ's about it.

dt: gets a little confused about the big screen ;-) but it works, too!
some characters are shown on the right of the screen than on the left
side.

But one bug is still left:
If NetBSD starts with the bigger resolution, a few lines on the bottom
of the screen are left with the desktop pattern of the MacOS desktop.
They will be overwritten when I start X.
I think this has something to do with VRAM that is not initalized
during the boot process. So the memory size for the video is bigger
than the memory that is allocated for video by NetBSD, right ?

Hope that helps, bye
	Christoph

Christoph Ewering         eweri@uni-paderborn.de
Husarenstrasse 48         Fon: 05254 12555
33104 Paderborn           www.uni-paderborn.de/Admin/eweri/