Subject: Quick partitioning question
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/13/1997 11:11:53
First, thansk to those who gave me input on using a Quadra 800.  As it
trned out, I found a good deal on a Centris 650 with 40! MB or RAM.  I
grabbed a 1.2GB HD and I am trying to partition the HD.  I have my usual
MacBSD box (IIcx) at home and I am at work now.

Using Silverlining, I partitioned it into 5 slices (in this order):

1 Driver
2 A/UX root
3 A/UX swap
4 A/UX usr
5 Mac HFS

Now comes the problem.  The Mac will not boot off of the internal HD with
this partition set-up.  If I make one big Mac partition, it will then boot
properly, so I think it is the partitioning not the disk.  I don't have my
IIcx handy, so I can't check the partitioning on it.

Can someone give me the proper order for the slices?  Thanks in advance.

Mark Andres                                       Head, Support Dept.
              GIGANET by Business Network Telecom (BNT)
E-mail: mark@giganet.net  URL: http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/