Subject: Help - Mkfs fails with 1024 byte hw sectors!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kyle McKay <Kyle_McKay@intuit.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/12/1997 11:55:53
I have a hard disk with lots of mac data on it.  I was trying to add some un*x
partitions.  However, the actual block size (reported by Hard Disk Toolkit) is
1024 bytes, NOT 512 bytes.

If I leave mkfs 1.2 at the default settings, it ends up reporting the partition
is have the size that it really is when it's finished.

If I change Bytes/Sector (Hardware) to 1024, it makes no difference.  If I
change Sector Size to 1024, then it crashes with a divide by zero error when I
hit the format button.

Tell me the truth.  Do I have to reformat the whole hard disk back to 512 byte
blocks to use it with Mkfs/NetBSD?  (Hoping not...)

Kyle McKay
Kyle_McKay@Intuit.Com