Subject: Re: misc kernel problems
To: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/12/1997 16:55:53
On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, Colin Wood wrote:

> > I just decided to try and follow -current and since this involves a lot
> > of compiles, I was wondering what kind of compile time people are
> > getting. On my IIvx with 8Mb and a "recent" HD it took me 5h15 wall clock
> > time to compile a generic kernel from scratch. Is this on par with you
> > guys? How much does more memory speed it up etc...
>
> I've got 28 MB or RAM and an accelerated (50MHz with no external cache)
> IIci, it takes between 2.5 and 3 hours to do the full config, make depend
> && make cycle.

Hmmm.  That 50MHz accellerator might not be doing you too much good :)

I get just about 3 hours for my full <make clean, config, make depend,
make> cycle on a stock IIci with 32MB and a 33MHz 68030.  'course, I've
got an external cache, but it's disabled.

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:      |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@pgoyette.bdt.com |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com  |