Subject: Re: To X or not to X, is it a question? (was Re: X)
To: Andrew Brennan <brennan@crashprone.allegheny.edu>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/12/1997 15:52:22

>    X is a graphic environment for Unix (although I think everyone has
>    their own favorite definition of what X is).  As to whether or not
>    you should install it, it will depend on your hardware resources -
>    and your patience, I suppose.  I've run it with an 8Mb SE/30, but
>    I wouldn't recommend that combination where unnecessary.

Sounds good enough to me.  Basically, it's a GUI for UNIX, something
that's somewhat necessary for you as an individual to truly multitask on
a machine if you ask me...

>    Surely the FAQ is available in an ASCII single-filed format?  I
>    took a quick spin through www.macbsd.com and didn't see references
>    to a non-HTML version, but ...

Yes, if there aren't any ready references available, I'll add them, but
the FAQ (and related docs) are available as formatted text, plain text,
html, and the sgml source from:

ftp://ftp.macbsd.com/pub/NetBSD/docs/

I hope this helps.

Later.