Subject: Re: 3/9/97 kernel on Q650...
To: Nigel Pearson <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/12/1997 10:25:18
> 	Well, yes, but some mac/monitor combinations support multiple screen
> resolutions. Maybe you have your console at 640x480 so that you can read it,
> but then want to start X/Xdm at the maximum that your setup supports.

Aye, but if you know enough to change resolutions, you probably also
know enough to accurately determine the amount of video ram that you've
got.  I don't want to think about the IIci/si/etc that might rearrange
how much memory that they're using when they change video modes (since
they use DRAM and NetBSD uses the unused space at boot-time).  There are
a couple of options here, but no relatively simple and ideal one that I
can think of.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com