Subject: mail server?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: synapse <synapse@gim.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/11/1997 00:56:44
Hi,
i was wondering where i could find documents on setting up my NetBSD system
as a mail server. I have heard that sendmail has security holes in it, and
some people i know run qmail, claiming that is has less security holes.
which should i use, what kind of security holes do they have, where can i
get a setup-tutorial for either, and (finally) which files are associated
with them running? (i.e. config files, daemons, whatever else.)
on a somewhat separate topic, i attempted to set up fetchmail on my system.
does sendmail need to be running and functional to be able to do this?
thanks a lot!
  - a