Subject: madhatter#37
To: None <sbrown@best.com>
From: xiamin <ingerrn@cris.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/10/1997 15:27:45
im using madhatter#37 now...i set my monitor to 256 colors just for the
fun of it. heres what i got:
(trying to startx...)

Fatal server error:
I don't support color screens!

X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

does this mean that if i had a color x server it would work!? i hope so
(probaly not, so i am trying to restrain myself ;)

(here are some lines from dmesg)

vidlog: 12087296
videoaddr: b87000
intvid0 at obio0: Internal Video
intvid0: 640 x 480, 256 color
grf0 at intvid0
ite0 at grf0 (minimal console)

that fourth line got me excited (i hadnt noticed this with #35, maybe i
wasnt paying attention, when i have it on b+w it says 'monochrome'
i was mostly wondering if these things had anything to do with changes in
#37, they might not, they might not give me color, but i can dream, cant
i?

-xiamin