Subject: Color Intvidtest kernel almost ready!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/10/1997 16:27:38
Ok, the driver is good enough to the point where color X can come up on my
IIvx. Even better news: it's surprisingly useable. My compliments to Ken
for doing such a good job with the X server.

I still have to do a little debugging here and there but a test kernel should
be ready in the next couple of days!! It will be rough and most likely only
run on a IIvx but it's something.

I think I have narrowed down the source of the SCSI phase problems but I
don't think it makes any sense:

A fresh build (config + make depend;make) builds the same source without
spurious SCSI phase problems. However, one to some small n number of builds
make kernels that boot fine but exhibit spurious SCSI phase change problems
right about when multiuser mode gets switched on. Any idea what the deal with
this is? The development cycle is slow enough without having to make clean
and recompile overnight for every test compile :)

Thanks for your patience!

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill