Subject: Re: kernel compiling
To: xiamin <ingerrn@cris.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/10/1997 15:19:55
> i decided i wanted to try my hand at kernel compilation. when i try it,
> this is what happens...
>
> pork% config GENERIC
> ../../../conf/files:7: syntax error

You might want to make sure that you have a current version of config
(and make) installed.  I think that the latest snapshot should be OK.

> i dont know what this all means, im following the Build-HOWTO doc from
> puma, but an earlier email said this was for like 0.9 or 1.0...

Yes.  The instructions have been updated some, though.  The timings
weren't.  I should also mention that those SE/30 timeings were done
with an otherwise idle system.  If you're running X, for example,
don't expect your compiles to be the same speed as they would be in
single-user mode...  ;-)

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com