Subject: Re: Serial Console-A whole bunch of garble
To: Jonathan Lyons <lelsoft1@usa.nai.net>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/10/1997 11:24:15
Are you sure that you are using the same port speed seeting in ZTerm as
you are in the /etc/ttys file?  Also, you should set Zterm to 8N1 and have
"Hardware Handshaking" on and "Xon/Xoff" off.  I used ZTerm and a printer
cable without any problems until I got PPP working.

Mark

On Sun, 9 Mar 1997, Jonathan Lyons wrote:

> Ok...
>
> I just used my instincts to attempt setting up a Serial Console...
>
> I'm using a Printer cable.
>
> In the Serial Port prefs I checked Serial Console, and the port the wire is
> connected to. Then I clicked ok.
>
> On the other end, when I booted a whole buch of garble came...
>
> Whats suppposed to happen? What am I doing wrong? BTW, I'm using ZTerm on
> the console.

Mark Andres                                       Head, Support Dept.
              GIGANET by Business Network Telecom (BNT)
E-mail: mark@giganet.net  URL: http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/