Subject: Re: misc kernel problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/09/1997 23:56:09
>Yeah, my 12MB IIvx spends the same time compiling my kernel.

Hehe. I just let it run and go to bed. The kernel is usually compiled by then.

I can't understand why the FAQ says an SE30 can compile it in one and a half
hours. Perhaps if we shot the SE30 to Alpha Centauri and back at a goodly
fraction of the speed of light... :)

>Unfortunately, I can't boot it. It seems to be related to the booter. I've
>tried v1.8 1.9.1, 1.9.5 and 1.9.6. Using the first two it never gets any
>further than the booter window printing The first two lines. Using the
>latter two it gets as far as blanking the screen and printing the copyright
>notice. The same goes for any other 1.2 kernels. So for the moment I'm
>stuck using a 1.1 kernel with 1.2 binaries.

I can compile and run a "bleeding edge" kernel but I must use an older booter.
I thought the booter problem was solved after 1.9.1 or so but I suppose not.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill