Subject: Re: Maddhatter Source
To: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
From: Stephen C. Brown <sbrown@shellx.best.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/09/1997 20:41:18
>I know some changes were made to the intvid driver in the MadHatter kernels
>for the AV Macs.

Actually, I made no changes related specifically to the AV macs.
I believe Dave Huang has one of these beasts and actually got the
getphys() routine to work in addition to making some changes to
support multiple screen resolutions.  Perhaps he can comment on that.

My current copy of the "madhatter" sources just hardcodes the right
video address for the quadras(I did something similar to what Allen
did for the Q700 in the OpenBSD source tree).  I also grabbed the
sonic ethernet driver from the OpenBSD tree.  But, I haven't had
as much luck with it(It seems to discern the MAC address, but hangs
if I try to ifconfig the interface :-(...).

Steve Brown,
sbrown@best.com

p.s.  I should be in a position to post an updated kernel plus diffs
        sometime tomorrow.  Watch for an email.