Subject: Re: misc kernel problems
To: Benoit MARTEL <magus@cs.mcgill.ca>
From: Thomas Bjorn Andersen <bjorn@daimi.aau.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/09/1997 19:04:14
>I'll update my sources to -current and see.
>I just decided to try and follow -current and since this involves a lot
>of compiles, I was wondering what kind of compile time people are
>getting. On my IIvx with 8Mb and a "recent" HD it took me 5h15 wall clock
>time to compile a generic kernel from scratch. Is this on par with you
>guys? How much does more memory speed it up etc...

Yeah, my 12MB IIvx spends the same time compiling my kernel.

Unfortunately, I can't boot it. It seems to be related to the booter. I've
tried v1.8 1.9.1, 1.9.5 and 1.9.6. Using the first two it never gets any
further than the booter window printing The first two lines. Using the
latter two it gets as far as blanking the screen and printing the copyright
notice. The same goes for any other 1.2 kernels. So for the moment I'm
stuck using a 1.1 kernel with 1.2 binaries.

Thomas

--
Thomas Bjorn Andersen - bjorn@daimi.aau.dk /
http://www.daimi.aau.dk/~bjorn/ __________/