Subject: memory locations...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Campbell <campbel@istar.ca>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/08/1997 00:36:58
Hi.  I was looking carefully at the output from a console boot, and noticed
that a whole bunch of vectors that the MacOS expects are moved when NetBSD
boots.  Things like the ROMBASE, Video RAM addresses, and some other device
locations are moved.  Why is this necessary?  I'll bet that some hardware
in the tough-to-support Macs (such as LC 475, Q 605, LC 575) require that
the drivers for these devices live at these addresses.  Does NetBSD expect
that memory above 0x10000000 be available for its own use?
What does the memory map look like for NetBSD/mac68k on a generic machine?

Thanks for the answers...

Steven Campbell.