Subject: Re: UPS - on a IIcx
To: Dave Paton <suprdave@purdue.edu>
From: Carl S Shapiro <cshapiro@sparky.ic.sunysb.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/07/1997 11:42:58
> To put my $0.02 in, I seem to recalll there being a UPS addon for linux.
> Could we do something similar? From what I remember, all it did was
> monitor the serial connection to the UPS (APS brand I think) and if it
> got a signal that there was a problem, it would do somethign like a
> shutdown -h now. This doesn't seem too hard. Maybe even a LKM?

I assume you are talking about one of the various upsd's, right?  The APS
stuff was reverse engineered, and from what I have heard, it's not that
good either.  I don't think it would be that difficult to port such a
thing to NetBSD (some of the ones I remeber seeing on sunsite a while ago
where written in perl I belive).

Carl