Subject: Compiling The Kernel...So Close!
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/07/1997 02:33:18
I'm very close to the intvid kernel being done but there were a few mapping
problems that should have been solved during my "dormant" period. :)

I was running a mix of 1.1 and 1.2 so I blew up everything and re-installed
1.2 and got the tarball of the kernel source. I want to merge my code back
in and recompile so I can get a fresh kernel.

Sounds great but I'm getting errors like:

Unknown modifier 'Q'

When I do make depend. I also get stuff like such and such file can't find
compat.h in lib/compat.

I recall getting these errors a long time ago when I first started compiling
kernels. I though it was that config wasn't up to date so I downloaded config
and compiled it fresh off of ftp.netbsd.org. That wasn't it. I know it's
something simple.

Any clues? I'm *really* want to get an intvid kernels out (and I'm sure
other people really want me to :)

Thanks

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill