Subject: Re: reminder: xsetup url
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: Andrew Foakes <andrew@foakes.demon.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/06/1997 21:01:20
Oh dear, I have got you confused!  I do apologise.

The point is that just setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH by any of the correct
means under at least sh or csh (I've now tried both) doesn't work!  The
bug is (I think) somewhere in the dynamic library loader, but I'm not
sure.  ldconfig does work, which saves the day.

Looking at what libraries are referenced (via setting
LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS), the libraries are all listed twice; the first
time they are found, but the second time they are not.  This seems
strange to me as I thought with LD_TRACE_LOADED_OBJECTS set, ld.so should
only look for the libraries once before stopping.

Hence my comment that the xsetup url may confuse as, at least on NetDSB
1.2, ADBTEST#160 and a Classic II, it gives the expected behaviour, not
the actual behaviour.

Yours,

Andrew