Subject: Re: Problems with xterm.
To: NetBSD/mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steve Carlson <stevec@accessone.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/05/1997 20:51:50
On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Erik Bertelsen wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Steve Carlson wrote:
>
> .. I've been having trouble getting xterm to work.  I keep getting the error:
> ..
> .. xterm: Error 23, errno 25: Inappropriate ioctl for device
>
> Try to rebuild your kernel with options COMPAT_43.
>
> - Erik Bertelsen

You're right, I did have the COMPAT options commented out.  I tried uncommenting
them and built a new kernel but it doesn't seem to make a difference.  I continue
to get the same error.  I'm not really sure what to do next.  I suppose my copy
of xterm could be corrupted.  I might try downloading the xterm sources and and
recompiling it.

I've tried several GENERIC kernels and all of the X servers I could fine.  I can
run xterm off of another server over the modem and arena, etc. locally.

Well... Thanks for your reply.

--
Steve Carlson
stevec@accessone.com