Subject: Re: Mosaic or Netscape
To: Matthew Becker <mbbecker@mail.deforest.k12.wi.us>
From: Mac Guru <macintosh-guru@televar.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/05/1997 09:11:08
Matthew Becker wrote:

> Does anybody know where I can get a copy of Mosaic or Netscape for Netbsd?
> I have been looking all over and all I find is FreeBSD 386 stuff.
>
> Thanks

> Matthew Becker                                     Custom Internet Solutions
> mbbecker@mail.deforest.k12.wi.us                   WEB, FTP, SMTP, POP3, DNS

Matthew,

I believe that I was able to get a working copy of Mosaic from either
remus.rutgers.edu, or at ncsa.uiuc.edu.

As far as Netscape Navigator goes, I believe that we would *all* have to
hound Netscape to make a version for NetBSD.  I called them to see if it
was available, but there is only a BSDi386 version available.  They
wanted something like "8 Figures" to make it avaailable for NetBSD.

Then again, maybe they'll come around one of these days.

Regards,

Greg Evans