Subject: constant core dumps
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <a.fowler@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/05/1997 16:11:20
I keep getting core dumps running generic9 on my IIcx
They seem to be kinda random in nature, and get more frequent as
i have any particular installation running. Complete re-install
only fixes the problem temporarily.

I recently installed the NFS-44 kernal, and it's still random dumping the
(just any core, shutdown.core, vi.core, jove.core etc...)

Is this likely to be a problem with nrscsi? I know that's supposed to cause
lots of filesystem damage in some cases.

I have run with a SBC version, but it is REALY slow. Would changing the HD
driver help any? Im running the FWB's HD toolkit driver. Would re-installing
the apple driver improve things?

I've got an 80MB apple badged drive, QUANTUM I think.

plus i get the

sd0 cannot mode sense (4) using ficticious geometry
message when I startup. Is this likely to be a symptom??

I seem to have been plagued with bad luck on this BSD installation.
or maybe my RAM is F***ed...

That'll teach me to buy a 2nd hand mac!

	Thanks for all your support.

			Andrew.