Subject: Re: majordomo and digests
To: NetBSD Mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/05/1997 09:56:23
> I just took a look at some of the majordomo documentation, and it does
> indeed support digest-format lists as well as the standard list format.
> So, all it would take is someone with the time and will to do so to
> actually go and set up the netbsd majordomo server to handle digests.

It also takes the horsepower on the mailserver to handle digests.  That
was the reason given a while back for not supporting digests.  The mail
server has since moved, and I've sent some mail to the majordomo-owner
to see what the current wisdom is on digests.  If enough people want
them, it would certainly be nice to provide them.

Worst case, I can set up a digest list on puma and folks can subscribe
to it.  Let's see what majordomo-owner says first, though.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com