Subject: Re: Error SCSIRead (), #5
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Ostrowick <jon@macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/05/1997 10:58:56
ok, well the reason i presumed this was the case, was that i *only* got
this error when i tried to use scsi id number 5 - so the connection was
impossible NOT to make :-(
also, when it goes thru the list of scsi id numbers, it gets to number 5
and reports error #5. so it's easy to see why i might presume it doesn;t
like that id number:
- it gives the error and cites a number 5 when it hits scsi id 5.
not worth discussing further...

>> 2. netbsd doesn't like scsi-id number 5. dunno why.
>
>"Error SCSIRead (), #5" has NOTHING to do with scsi ID 5.  "5" is error
>number which basically means "phase error" if I remember right.
>
>That said, I don't think we've ever seen it in the booter.  What kind of
>disk is this, and have you triple-checked the bus termination?
>
>-allen
>
>--
>              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com

John Ostrowick
Computer Science Department,   University of the Witwatersrand
1 Jan Smuts Ave, Johannesburg, South Africa. Senate House 1012
Phone: +27 11 716-3783         Fax: +27 11 339-3513
jon@cs.wits.ac.za              jon@is.co.za
My web page: http://macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za/aboutme.html
My ftp site: ftp://macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za
My listserv: subscr@cs.wits.ac.za (body of 'help')