Subject: Re: your mail
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Mark Andres <mark@ratbert.giganet.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/04/1997 15:56:42
You should be able to find the xpm libraries, already compiled, in the
(you guessed it) Amiga binary archive.  The URL is:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-Amiga/contrib/X11/libXpm-3.4g-bin11.tar.gz

You will need the libraries to compile anything that uses pixmaps, such as
fvwm and afterstep.  BTW, you can also get the binaries for afterstep and
fvwm(2,95) in the archive as well.

Is it possible to put the Amiga binary archive and a link in the FAQ?  So
many times, you can find binaries there that will take care of your woes.

Mark

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> > (I stole the xpm.h from the HP UX machine at work.  I was then missing
> >
> > libXpm.a and libXpm.so.x.x (x = some number)
> >
> > I went back to the Hp/UX ,machine and stole libXpm.a and libXpm.so.4.5
> > from there and now get an error (I wish I could remember what it was,
> > sorry) involving libXpm.so.x.x
>
> Uhm, it is rare that you can steal libraries from one computer to
> another. Certainly as big a jump as from HP UX to NetBSD/mac68k.
> If the workstations were 68k based HP's (unlikely), then you might
> be able to use them in emulation. If the machines are PA-RISC,
> the libraries are useless.
>
> > Any ideas as to why these aren't installed when I installed X?  or where
> > to get the proper versions??
>
> I'm not an X expert, so I can't say.
>
> Take care,
>
> Bill

Mark Andres                                       Head, Support Dept.
              GIGANET by Business Network Telecom (BNT)
E-mail: mark@giganet.net  URL: http://www2.giganet.net/private/users/mark/