Subject: Re: Digest format?
To: None <ender@is.rice.edu>
From: Masami and Ken Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/04/1997 14:53:57
> > Is this list available in digest format?  And if so, how
> > can I receive distributions as such?

I'm just curious: Exactly what kind of archive do people think of when
they say it's "in digest format"?  Does someone, a living human being,
actually have to read through the posts and "digest" them?  Or is
there any tool which somehow automatically generates an archive in
such a format?

If it's a hand-pilotted operation, I don't think there's much
possibility that someone actually might volunteer to do it.  If it's
an automated process, I have doubts in the ease of understanding such
an archive compared to the status quo.

Admittedly, the official mailing list archive isn't a friendliest in
the world...

Ken