Subject: ADBReInit
To: NetBSD Mac68k <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/03/1997 23:39:21
After using my A3 3-button mouse with NetBSD for the past few days with
support that I compiled in, I've noticed that the second and third
buttons have suddenly stopped working.  Instead of being interpreted as
button presses, they are coming through as left and right arrow presses.
This is the default behavior of the mouse when it's handler id is 1 (the
same as the standard Apple mouse).  The only thing that I can think of
that might cause this (i.e. the handler id changing from 3 back to 1), is
that ADBReInit managed to be called at some point.

So, does anyone know for certain whether or not ADBReInit (or any other
function which resets the ADB) ever gets called after the one time during
boot?  If it does, I may actually have to implement the JADBProc stuff
from Inside Macintosh: Devices, which would be a bit of a pain, but I
could do it...

TIA.

Later.