Subject: Re: your mail
To: Macintosh Guru <gevans@televar.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/03/1997 17:47:11
> (I stole the xpm.h from the HP UX machine at work.  I was then missing
>
> libXpm.a and libXpm.so.x.x (x = some number)
>
> I went back to the Hp/UX ,machine and stole libXpm.a and libXpm.so.4.5
> from there and now get an error (I wish I could remember what it was,
> sorry) involving libXpm.so.x.x

Uhm, it is rare that you can steal libraries from one computer to
another. Certainly as big a jump as from HP UX to NetBSD/mac68k.
If the workstations were 68k based HP's (unlikely), then you might
be able to use them in emulation. If the machines are PA-RISC,
the libraries are useless.

> Any ideas as to why these aren't installed when I installed X?  or where
> to get the proper versions??

I'm not an X expert, so I can't say.

Take care,

Bill