Subject: Re: IIfx Help
To: @-- ReeD ->- <reed@mork.uni.uiuc.edu>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/03/1997 17:27:29
On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, @-- ReeD ->- wrote:

> [Referring to booting a Mac IIfx]
> When I boot up in 32-bit mode in b/w mode, it gets past the booter,
> clears the screen, but then says the following:
>
> 	no internal video at address 0 -- videoaddr is 0xf9900020.
> 	panic: Unknown/unsupported machine class.
> 	Stopped at	_Debugger+0x6:  unlk     a6
> 	db>
>
> Any ideas what's wrong?

Yup - the IIfx is an unsupported machine!  Due to many differences in the
way the IIfx works (special IOPs to handle IO, different scsi, different
adb, etc.) the IIfx is probably not going to be supported for a long time.

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:      |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@pgoyette.bdt.com |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com  |