Subject: named .rev format ??
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <a.fowler@ic.ac.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/03/1997 12:11:12
Hi again list!

I've got netbsd up and running on my IIcx, after much sweat and tears,
and now i'm stumped on named.

It works fine from all machines in my network when i specify a name,
ie:

nslookup crowley.styx.helian  returns -> machine = 193.1.2.2

but if I type

nslookup 193.1.2.2 returns -> machine does not exist.

my named.boot file has an entry like

primary 1.193.IN-ADDR.ARPN hellhosts.rev
(or similar)

but I can't seem to get it to reverse map the names. Is there a special
type I missed from the manpage, or do i have to specify some wierd
option to the booter or something.

should my lines be diferent from this one??

crowley.styx.helian.	A	193.1.2.2

or is there a named faq on the internet somewhere??

	Ta,	Andrew.