Subject: Re: Internet Problems: I don't know what to do
To: None <lelsoft1@usa.nai.net>
From: Masami and Ken Nakata <masami@fa2.so-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/03/1997 08:18:47
On Sun, 2 Mar 1997 14:28:20 -0500,
lelsoft1@usa.nai.net (Jonathan Lyons) wrote:
> Can someone just give me instructions on what things concerning TCP/IP to
> edit? I've already edited resolve.conf and I've edited everything
> concerning PPP to my personal preferences. The only things I'm not sure
> about is the TCP/IP prefs and the ppp-chat things. Thanks for the help
> you've already given me, and forgive me for not exactly understanding a lot
> of it. I'm a beginner and have not that much experience with UNIX.

Sorry if I sound unfriendly, but you can worry about resolv.conf and
the like later, after you get yourself connected.  That is, after you
successfully get your modem to connect to your ISP.  To that end, I
suggest you talk to your ISP people, or some of your fellow customers
who are running FreeBSD/NetBSD/OpenBSD, or even Linux.

Without information on recommended settings for your ISP and exact
errors/symptoms you are getting, there's only so much we can help.

Ken