Subject: Some impressions of the NetBSD Mac port...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Curtis Smith <oilpaint@halcyon.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/02/1997 17:18:08
I should preface this by saying I'm sure that a lot of hard work has
been done my a lot of people to get the port this far.

I have been trying fot the last three weeks to run BSD on both a MacIIx
and an LC II. And have tried 1.2, generic-77, and generic-78. Booted
from systems 7.5, 7.5.3, and 7.5.5. Used booters 1.9.4 and 1.9.6.

The basic quest should be for stability in the system. I experienced
random drops into the debugger, segmentation errors, random freezes and
a few really wierd problems such as logining in as a user and getting a
quazi-root connection that only power down could clear.

For now, I'm pulling out an old '386 and using Linux, as NetBSD is not
stable enough, in my opinion, for even basic or casual use.

Curtis Smith