Subject: couple questions
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian N. Pacula <bpacula@value.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/02/1997 14:39:01
What exactly is the format for /etc/passwd entries? The preexisting users
in the NetBSD installation seem to have two more fields than the example
given by my reference books.

This confusion may be a part of the second question I had - if I have a
file owned by user1, and if, as root, I chown that file so that it's
owned by user2, it STILL is listed as being owned by user1. What's going
on there?

Finally, and I already asked this, but when I run the PPP connect script
from the ppp-setup kit, it dials, and connects, but I get three "Fatal
signal 11" messages and PPP remains down. Does anyone know what might be
going wrong? And, do /etc/hosts and /etc/myname need to be changed for a
PPP connection?

Thanks...

--
Brian Pacula         MST IC #34105