Subject: double keys/xdm
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <mcmahill@MIT.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/02/1997 16:15:55
I just started using xdm (instead of startx) on my Mac IIci,
running the Generic #1 version 1.2 kernal.  Now I am
having problems with the keyboard.  When I type fast (actually,
fast in this case means > about 25 words per min), I get
double keys.  For example,

thtis isi whwat I get whwen tytping fast.

I am certain that I typed thte previous sentance accurately and
the typos are due to the computer.

I am using a Kinesis keyboard and Keystone ADB interface box.
This is the only strange behaviour I have seen from this combo
(which I have been using since last august).  It works properly
with the console and if I use 'startx' to get into X-windows
instead of using xdm in my rc.local file.

Anyone have any ideas?  I didn't see anything in the O-Reilly X
Admin Guide (but it was the R4/5 admin guide).

Thanks

Dan