Subject: Re: Partitions and superblocks
To: Colin Wood" , "Rolf Braun <rbraun@geocities.com>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/02/1997 14:38:35
>> the Trash to unmount them.
>
>Actually, the above is unnecessary, at least in my experience.  It's just
>a little disturbing to have them still available as Mac volumes when
>you've just converted them to NetBSD volumes.  I'm fairly sure they're
>unmounted upon NetBSD boot, so they should be fine when they come up there.
>I also don't remember having any trouble installing onto them after
>having run Mkfs on them.

Mkfs should really do this before changing the partition and it should
also make sure that there aren't any open files on the MacOS volume when
it trashes it.  Unfortunately I'm not much of a MacOS programmer and
didn't know how to do this at the time.  If someone has some pointers or
code snippets that will show me how to do this I'd be happy to add this
to mkfs.

thanks,
-bob