Subject: Re: Partitions and superblocks
To: Rolf Braun <rbraun@geocities.com>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/02/1997 14:08:02
> One thing to watch out for: if you create MacOS partitions, you must
> unmount them (drag 'em to the trash) in the Finder BEFORE you run mkfs to
> convert them to NetBSD partitions.

> the Trash to unmount them.

Actually, the above is unnecessary, at least in my experience.  It's just
a little disturbing to have them still available as Mac volumes when
you've just converted them to NetBSD volumes.  I'm fairly sure they're
unmounted upon NetBSD boot, so they should be fine when they come up there.
I also don't remember having any trouble installing onto them after
having run Mkfs on them.

Later.