Subject: Re: PPP-And you thought it was gonna end?
To: Jonathan Lyons <lelsoft1@usa.nai.net>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/02/1997 06:33:15
Well, the chat script should be just a list of "expect"/"send" strings.
If you want to wait for (ie, expect) a ">" and then send your userID, you
should be able to accomplish this with:

	">" $login ">" $passwd

(Of course, you need to substitute real values for the symbols.)

There're other things that can go in the chat script.  For example, here's
the script I use.  I run a preprocessor shell script against this file
which reads the values for $NUMBER, $LOGIN and $PASSWD from another
location and then uses sed to perform the substitutions.

	ABORT BUSY
	ABORT 'NO CARR'
	ABORT 'NO DIAL'
	REPORT DIA
	REPORT CAR
	REPORT CONN
	REPORT BUS
	TIMEOUT 5
	"" AT
	OK-+++\c-OK-+++\c-OK-AT-OK ATH0
	OK AT&FE1V1L1M0&A3&B1H0
	OK ATDT$NUMBER
	TIMEOUT 40
	ogin:--ogin: $LOGIN
	word: $PASSWD

On Sun, 2 Mar 1997, Jonathan Lyons
wrote:

> Hi! I have everything up and running thanks to all those who helped me...
>
> Well, almost everything.
>
> In my PPP chat-script should I put:
>
> wait:>
> out:$login
> wait:>
> out:$passwd
>
> or is there another way of saying wait for and out?
>
> Thanks!

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:      |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@pgoyette.bdt.com |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com  |