Subject: Re: Sick of PPP questions yet?
To: Tim Schmidt <rad@wco.com>
From: Steve Carlson <stevec@accessone.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/02/1997 00:35:15
Tim,

Are you sure your modem is connected to the modem port?  The ppp-connect
script is supposed to continually run chat until chat exits without any
errors.  The ppp-chat chat script probably keeps failing and being
restarted.  Do you have the -v option set for chat in the ppp-connect script?
That's supposed to turn on logging.  You might want to `cu -l /dev/tty00`
to make sure your modem is responding.

--
Steve Carlson
stevec@accessone.com