Subject: Re: Problem w/ -current?
To: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/02/1997 00:34:25
On Sat, 1 Mar 1997, Paul Goyette wrote:

> After cleaning up some errors in my source tree, I did a complete,
> clena kernel build from today's -current sources.  As soon as I boot,
> it goes into an apparently infinite loop, complaining about a nubus
> interrupt:  slot_noint() slot d
>
> Now, I've got my E-Machines Futura-SZ video card in that slot, [...]

Oh, no!  I forgot to tell the list of a recent change, and I haven't
committed the GENERIC kernel config change that reflects it yet.
Two things will fix this for you:

 - Figure out how to clear the interrupt on your card, which will
   probably require poking around with MacsBug, or

 - Add `options MAC68K_BROKEN_VIDEO' to your kernel config, then
   recompile via.o (and if_ae_nubus.o if you have an Ethernet card).

Obviously the former is preferred, but I kept the old behavior around for
a case such as yours (and I'm leaving it in the GENERIC kernel).  However,
if you find the magic value(s) to poke into the magic location(s) for your
card, let me know so we can put it into the kernel.

--scott