Subject: Re: Turning off interrupts
To: None <briggs@puma.macbsd.com, port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/02/1997 02:06:08
>If you just want to knock off SCSI and nubus interrupts, use spl2()
>instead of splhigh().  If you want to screen out serial interrupts
>(which is basically the same as splhigh() on a mac), use spl4().
>
>You might want to use one of the other defines in psl.h or define one of
>your own--splvideo()?  All nubus interrupts have the same priority and
>all mac video that I've seen interrupts like a nubus card...  If you're
>operating in an interrupt handler, you've probably already got scsi
>interrupts blocked, BTW.

Well, for now I'm just going to shut them all off and see if that solves some
of my problems.

What interrupts, if any, does the kernel shut off when you go into a system
call? The Mac side driver seems to shut off everything for good measure when
you switch modes. I really think it's a resource sharing problem, prob. the
RBV chip can't handle SCSI *and* deal with video if it's in the middle of
one or the other.

That's just a guess of course :)

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill