Subject: Re: Partitions and superblocks
To: Rolf Braun <rbraun@geocities.com>
From: T. Sean (Theo) Schulze <71410.25@CompuServe.COM>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/01/1997 18:51:00
>>In the last week I acquired a Quantum Maverick 540MB HD which I
>>partitioned into two equal MacOS partitions using FWB HD Tool Kit.  I
>>then ran mkfs 1.4 on the partitions to change them to NetBSD usr
>>filesystems and then formatted them. (Did I do this backwards?) I
>>"cpout"'d my fstab and changed it to reflect the two new partitions.
>>Specifically, my old fstab read:
>
>1. You really should have created A/UX partitions, not MacOS partitions.

Well, I'm not sure how I would have done that.  FWD HD ToolKit allows
only a number of options.  Granted, "Custom" is one of the options, but
mkfs 1.4 is also supposed to be able to make ufs filesystems out of MacOS
partitions.  So why not make two equal MacOS partitions, and then change
them using mkfs?  Is there a difference between MacOS partitions and A/UX
partitions that is significant to what I am trying to do?

Cheers,

Sean.

                 T. Sean (Theo) Schulze
71410.25@compuserve.com           TSSchulze@aol.com
theodore.schulze@metronet.de      tsschulze@t-online.de
Custom reconciles us to everything.  -- Edmund Burke