Subject: Re: NetBSD on Mac II
To: Mathias Voell <voell@stud.uni-hannover.de>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/01/1997 14:50:37
> - Shall I try to get another Mac or is the Mac II okay for what I want to
> do with it?

Might (read _will_) be a bit slow.  I'd try to find some faster hardware
(even I IIcx, for example).

> - How much RAM etc do I have to buy (will get some money from the
> association)?

I'd recommend 8 MB, but you can probably scrounge some up from the lab
machines you have around, if they are getting rid of a whole bunch.  Of
course you can never have too much RAM ;-)

> - Which 68030 or 68040 accelarator cards are supported/ will work?
> - Will it run in monochrome only or how many colours are supported?

Daystar cards are known to work, but there has been at least one person
who cannot get a Daystar board to work in his Mac II, so I can't say for
sure that it will work in yours.

I hope this helps some.

Later.