Subject: Re: Startx Problems
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Benjamin Coburn <btcoburn@ctdnet.acns.nwu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/01/1997 00:14:27
On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Christopher R. Bowman wrote:

> >I have all the paths set, all the files there.  But, when I try startx.  The
> >results are:
> >
> >/usr/libexec/id.so: xinit: libXext.so.6.1 : No such file or directory.
> >
> >I can't figure this out, it's all there.
>
> Read the FAQ, then do man ldconfig and us it to add the X11 libs to your
> searched lib set

Not knowing what to do, I kluged this by hardlinking the libX* files into
some other lib directorys.... X seems to work just fine. Is there anything
I should expect problems from because of this? Thanks.    -btc

         *      ___     *             Benjamin T. Coburn              *
         *     <%,%>    *      "Insufficient DADA."  -Anonymous       *
         *     ('-')    *  Email:  btcoburn@ctdnet.acns.nwu.edu       *
         *     -"-"-    *  Packet: ke6kxk@ke6lw.#nocal.ca.usa.noam    *
         *  Web: http://ctdnet.acns.nwu.edu/~btcoburn/btcoburn.html   *